05 Oct Optimizing Your Business For Local Searches
It’s hard to imagine a world without voice activated search. If you’ve used a voice search recently, you’re not alone.
Estimates show that on average, 31% of smartphone users worldwide are using voice search at least once a week.
The growth in voice search is not expected to slow down any time soon. Increasingly, consumers are searching for local services on their mobile devices. Mobile devices are forecast to influence an astronomical $1.4 trillion in local sales by 2021.
If you haven’t already optimized your business for local searches, it’s time to consider doing just that.
What Are Local Searches?
Put simply, a local search relates to a consumer searching for a product and / or service that is near to them. Consumers are often looking for a brick and mortar business near them. They are also likely ready to make a purchase at the time of their search.
The Rise of Near Me Searches
The use of “near me” in searches has seen significant growth in the past few years. Google Trends data shows the increase in searches including this phrase in the past 5 years.
And it’s not just “near me” as a standalone search term that has been increasing in recent years. Other variations of “near me” searches have also seen growth. For example:
- There has been 150% growth for phrases like “near me now”. For example “Pizza near me now”.
- There has been a 900% growth for phrases like “near me tonight/today”. For example “clubs near me tonight”.
- There has been 200% growth for phrases like “now” + “near me”. For example “stores open near me now”.
The rise in “near me” searches highlight how consumers are interested in visiting businesses that are nearby and open. In fact, up to 50% of all local searches result in a physical visit to the business within 24 hours.
Optimizing Your Business For Local Searches
It’s clear that optimizing your business for local searches should be a key part of a successful digital strategy. Here are 3 ways that you can optimize your business for local searches.
- Google My Business – Your first port of call should be Google My Business. This free listing can be a powerful tool in your local SEO strategy. Ensure that your Google My Business page is up to date, and features the relevant information. Hours of operation, business address, contact details should all be up to date on your Google My Business page. You can also manage Google Reviews through your Google My Business page. This can help build consumer trust and the reputation of your business. Read our blog for more information on the importance of Google Reviews.
- Create and Maintain a Blog – A blog is a great way to get information about your business out there. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to build local links. Why not try interviewing local influencers in your business niche? It can help with coverage for their business, as well as help you acquire more backlinks.
- Mobile Friendly Website – We’ve looked at how many people are using their mobile phones to carry out local searches. It’s especially important to ensure that your website is mobile friendly. A mobile friendly site will ensure potential customers have a good experience browsing your website.
These three tips can help you optimize your business for local search. But there is also much more that can be achieved to ensure maximum visibility for your business. If you’d like to discuss how the marketing experts at 1 Stop Marketing Solutions can improve your online visibility, please contact us for a complimentary consultation. Click here to request your complimentary consultation today or call us on (954) 632-3905.