07 Dec 5 Tips For Creating A Content Strategy
Digital marketing is a key ingredient for many successful businesses. It allows you the opportunity to reach your audience and potential customers in real-time, across many different platforms.
One of the first steps you take in your digital marketing strategy likely involves the development of a website. You are also likely to create social channels to discuss your brand and relevant industry news. Ultimately, your aim is to engage your potential audiences.
Driving engagement is just as important to building your audience. An engaged audience is more likely to remember your brand. They are more likely to recommend your brand. Plus, they may even be more likely to view your brand as an authoritative source in your niche.
Building engagement requires a comprehensive strategy. One strategy that marketers and business owners alike should be working on is a content strategy.
5 Tips For Creating A Content Strategy“What is a content strategy?” you may ask.
Put simply, a content strategy focuses on the “planning, creation, delivery, and governance of content.” And we’re not just talking the text that you’re using. Content includes multimedia and visual assets, basically any tangible media you create.
An effective content strategy can help set you apart from your competitors. Below, we’re looking at 5 tips for creating a content strategy.
1. Define Your Target AudiencesThe first step in a successful content strategy involves understanding your target audience. You likely have an idea what the target audience is for your business as a whole. You may even have multiple target audiences across your business. Similarly, you may have multiple target audiences for your content strategy.
Consider the channel that you will be using. Video? Blog? Social Media? Identify the core components of your target audiences on these channels, and develop your content strategy based on this.
2. Understand The Solution You’re OfferingYour service or product should solve a problem for your potential customer base. In a similar way, your content strategy should also help solve a problem.
By understanding how your service or product offers a solution to this problem, you can provide value add to your customer base. You want to help educate your audience. Include potential audiences also – those who may be in the initial stage of research in your niche.
3. Understand Your USPIt’s likely that you have competitors in your niche. To stand out in a noisy marketplace, you need a solid understanding of your unique selling proposition (USP). Your content strategy can play a big role here! Demonstrate your understanding of your audience’s problem, and how your business is uniquely positioned to address that problem.
4. Identify Your ChannelsYour content covers multiple different types of content. Likewise, your business likely has a presence across multiple channels. A channel can include your website, your blog, or your social media profiles like Instagram or Facebook.
Different channels will each have their own advantages. Social media, for example, is a great way of building engagement with your audience. Your website and blog can be great ways of improving your SEO, and help improve your visibility in the search engines.
5. Choose Your Content FormatsOnce you’ve decided on the topics you want to cover, and the channels you want to use, it’s time to choose your content formats. This could be visuals like static images or infographics. Or perhaps it’s video content or blog posts. Don’t be afraid to mix it up in your strategy. Perhaps you want to aim for a blog or video once a month and include visuals on a more regular basis.
Now that you understand the basics to creating a content strategy, it’s time to get creative! Remember, just as the internet is constantly evolving, so should your content strategy be. Don’t be afraid to test things out. Some may end up being a great success!
If you’d like a complimentary chat on how the digital experts at 1 Stop Marketing Solutions can help develop your winning content strategy, please contact us today. Call us on (954) 632-3905, or click here to send us a message today.