16 Aug 4 Ways to Supercharge Your Monday
Oh hey Monday! The start of a new week. The beginning of new possibilities. How your Monday goes can help set the tone for the rest of your week.
This used to be our Monday morning routine… Alarm clock goes off. Groggily reaching over to the alarm clock. “5 more minutes.” Unable to think of the day ahead. Dreading another 5 days working at a job that just didn’t drive that passion anymore.
This dread of the week ahead can drive many of us out of our jobs. For others, it can prompt us to finally go after the dream of running a business.
It did for us!
And then a new Monday morning routine began. The alarm clock would go off. Rather than dreading getting up, we’re pumped and excited. Bring on the new week!
You realize that you have a to-do list about a mile long. You realize that today you need to wear at least three business owner hats: Finance, Admin and Marketing. You panic, thinking “Why on earth did I do this to myself!”
In some cases, you can feel so overwhelmed you don’t know where to even begin.
We’ve come up with a strategy to help your Monday Mania. To absolutely ROCK your Monday. And lead you into a new week in charge, organized, and ready to smash it.
Here are our top 4 ways to supercharge your Monday and boost your productivity.
4 Ways to Supercharge Your Monday
As Germany Kent said, “Your Monday morning thoughts set the tone for the whole week.” Monday should be your day of focus. Your day of drive. The day that you decide your targets, objectives and priorities for the week.
1. Set Your Weekly GoalsSometimes as a business owner, it can be all too easy to focus only on the bigger picture. Growth. But success rarely, if ever, happens overnight. It’s the smaller successes that, over time, drive the bigger successes.
Take a moment on your Monday morning to set your weekly goals. What would you like to have achieved by close of business on Friday. Things you may want to work towards include:
- Updating your accounting
- Posting to your social media
- Creating content for your website
- Engaging with your audience
- Speaking to potential clients
Alongside your business goals, think also about your personal goals. Maybe you want to work out 4 times this week. Build that into your schedule. You may even be able to tack on a gym workout to another one of your goals. Perhaps you have a coffee meeting with a client. Pencil in an hour after your meeting to hit the gym.
2. Prioritize Your GoalsWhile you’re thinking about your weekly goals, you’ll want to prioritize them. This helps you:
- Identify what you should tackle first
- See if there are any tasks that you need more time for
Prioritizing your goals will also give you a clearer overview of any goals / tasks that you can bump. As business owners there’s one thing that we all know: unexpected tasks will come up!
Try to avoid loading the beginning of your week with only big ticket goals. Remember, the smaller goals and tasks add up over time! And there is a definite feeling of reward when you check off items from a to-do list.
3. Check Your Social MediaYou’ve likely pencilled in time for social media during the week. But a great way to ease into your Monday morning is by checking your social media feeds. Grab a fresh cup of coffee or tea, and relax.
Check to see if there was any engagement over the weekend that you need to respond to. Look back at your previous week’s post, and see what performed and what didn’t. Remember, this time is separate to your dedicated social media time, during which point you’re developing posts and refining your strategy.
4. Get MovingMovement on Monday morning is a great way to get your blood flowing and energy levels up. One of our favorite ways to start our Monday is with a quick walk outside. The fresh air is the perfect way to wake up. It’s also a great time to take a few moments to yourself. Bonus – use this time to think about the goals you have for your week ahead.
However you choose to start your Monday, remember: Each week offers new opportunities for something awesome to happen!
If you’re feeling overwhelmed and looking for support with your marketing goals, our team can help. Get in touch with us today by clicking here.