21 Jul The Importance of Google Reviews
20 years ago, many businesses relied on word-of-mouth for new customer acquisition. For many industries, word-of-mouth is a critical component of business growth.
In the digital age, word-of-mouth is still just as important. But how we’re telling each other about our experiences has changed.
Enter the world of online reviews.
The Importance of Google Reviews
Online reviews are important. If you aren’t already aiming to increase your online reviews, you should be.
Not convinced? Here are some figures to help highlight the importance of Google reviews:
- 90% of consumers read reviews online before making a purchase or visiting a business.
- As many as 88% of consumers consider online reviews as trustworthy as personal recommendations.
- Consumers will spend up to 31% more on a business with ‘excellent’ reviews
- 72% of consumers admit that positive reviews increase their trust in a local business
- 86% of consumers will hesitate to buy from a business with poor online reviews
- 72% of consumers will only take action after reading a positive review
The few interactions that your potential consumer has with an online review can make the difference between a purchase or not.
How To Ask For Google Reviews
You may be hesitant to ask your customers for online reviews. We’re here to reassure you that you really don’t need to be! Most consumers are more than happy to share their opinions and experiences online. They often just don’t know how.
Here are a few ways you can ask for Google reviews:
- Face to face
- Over the phone
- Via text
- On your website with a “reviews” page
- Through email
- On Social Media
- Through a ‘thank-you’ page
- On invoices or receipts
When polled, only 18% of consumers admit to not reading online reviews. That means over 80% of your potential customer base are being influenced by reviews!
Unsure where to get started with asking for reviews? Why not get in touch with the digital team at 1 Stop Marketing Solutions. We’d be happy to offer you a FREE consultation. Let us help you scale your digital efforts. Email us to claim your FREE consultation, or call us on (954) 632-3905 today.